Analyst / Senior Analyst, Real Estate Lending – Construction Loans
Toronto - Permanent
A CDPQ subsidiary, Otéra Capital is a leader in commercial real estate debt, recognized for its expertise, professionalism and reliability.
Otéra's success is largely based on the talent, expertise and complementarity of its employees. We offer an environment that is both stimulating and dynamic, where we pursue excellence, we care, we innovate, we take ownership and we collaborate. Otéra employees benefit from a competitive global compensation package, as well as professional development and wellness programs.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Real Estate Lending, The Analyst/Senior Analyst, Real Estate Lending is responsible for assisting the Ontario and Western Canada as well as the US investment team in meeting Otera’s mortgage investment objectives for commercial mortgage construction loans and may assist with term loans from time to time. The successful candidate for this demanding position must be able to operate independently and as part of the team in a high volume and fast-pace environment, requiring handling multiple tasks and meeting strict deadlines. This involves completing property cash flow analyses, DCF valuation, market analysis, assist with preparation of loan submissions for both larger and more complex commercial construction mortgage transactions with minimal supervision. In addition, the candidate will play a supporting role in mortgage administration, completion of annual reviews for the existing mortgage portfolio, loan closings and prepare various internal reports.
- Diligently analyze and evaluate property cashflows including preparation of discounted cashflow and sensitivity analyses and assist with the preparation of comprehensive narrative and analytical credit submissions for large and complex loans;
- Complete due diligence including lease reviews, financial statement analysis and review of property reports (appraisal, building condition and environmental);
- Asset management and completion of annual reviews for the existing mortgage portfolio, due diligence for loan closings and update mortgage administration system;
- Processing and obtaining of the necessary internal approvals for various borrower requests (assumptions, partial discharges, etc.);
- Preparation/validation of various internal reports;
- Assist in drafting of term sheets and commitment letters.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration or Real Estate is an asset;
- 2-5 years’ experience in a similar job position;
- Outstanding knowledge of the commercial real estate sector (across Canada);
- Thorough understanding of commercial real estate and property valuation (including DCF);
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel;
- Strong analytical and loan underwriting skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, account managers and credit managers;
- General understanding of loan documentation;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to work on several concurrent projects with strict deadlines;
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
We subscribe to the principle of employment equity and encourage diversity and inclusion. All candidates are welcome to apply; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.