Otera Capital U.S. Inc. is a subsidiary of Otéra Capital Inc. and provides investment support services, advisory services, market monitoring and research.
Otéra Capital Inc. is a major institutional commercial real estate debt player across North America and a leader in Canada, known for its expertise, professionalism and reliability. Otera's success is largely based on the talent, expertise and complementarity of its employees.
The group offers an environment that is both stimulating and dynamic, where we pursue excellence, we care, we innovate, we take ownership and we collaborate. Otera employees benefit from a competitive global compensation package, as well as professional development and wellness programs.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Executive Assistant will provide administrative and secretarial support, including organization, support and planning assistance to their immediate supervisor and all team members. The Executive Assistant must also be able to plan and coordinate various activities related to the day-to-day work of the team, as well as maintain good relations with the management team, internal clients and external suppliers.
Support to Managing Director
- Assist the Managing Director in the execution of his/her tasks and, as needed, those of the other members of the team;
- Ensure that deadlines, checkpoints and priorities are respected for the various projects and files in progress with the team members;
- Determine and set the agenda of the Managing Director;
- Organize the weekly meetings of his.her team: issue invitations, reserve rooms, prepare the agenda and follow-up documents for files and transactions, update the operational plan, etc.
- Perform electronic and physical filing of documentation and determine an efficient structure;
- Manage and track the budget for his.her team;
- Assists members of the team in maintaining internal and external lists and documents and preparing reports.
- Plan and organize travel for the Managing Director and other members of the team;
- Coordinate management meetings and prepare and review relevant documents with various stakeholders;
- Follow up and update statements of accounts, declarations and other documents;
- Follows up on his.her team's files and communicates with other teams to obtain missing information;
- Collate information obtained to ensure accuracy and completeness;
- Collate the information obtained to ensure that it is accurate and complete;
- Archive files of his.her team;
- Update the administrative procedures and systems of the team;
- Performs all other related duties to ensure administrative support for his.her team.
- College diploma in secretarial
- Between six (6) and eight (8) years experience in a similar position
- Exceptional proficiency in Microsoft Office - Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Excellent written communication skills
- Expertise and professionalism
- Decision-making skills
- Business sense
- Interpersonal communication
- Innovation / Optimization
- Ability to quickly adjust work priorities to meet unforeseen and sometimes competing deadlines
- Concern for deadlines
- Complete confidentiality on all matters
We subscribe to the principle of employment equity and encourage diversity and inclusion. All candidates are welcome to apply; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.